IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By signing this agreement by hand or electronically (i.e. by clicking to accept its terms on a booking page), or by booking a Himalayan Heroes adventure, you agree to be bound by the terms & conditions.
You understand that…
- You participate with Himalayan Heroes on the condition that you have looked at the chosen itinerary and satisfied yourself that you are a competent enough rider to handle the expected conditions.
- Himalayan Heroes adventures are risky and dangerous and that loss or damage to personal property, injury or even fatality are possible.
- You are responsible to ensure you hold appropriate licenses, medical insurances, travel insurance and/or any other personal insurance/s that may be deemed appropriate, while on tour with Himalayan Heroes.
- While Himalayan Heroes personnel will make every reasonable effort to minimise risks, not all dangers can be foreseen. You accept the fact that, while the tour staff are skilled and experienced, they cannot guarantee my safety as some risks are beyond their control.
- Himalayan Heroes personnel will handle my belongings and although they will treat it with the utmost care and respect, they will not be responsible for any damage or loss.
- You are expected to wear the appropriate safety equipment and follow the laws of the country you are riding in. Helmets are mandatory while waterproof adventure boots, protective gloves and armoured jackets are highly recommended.
- You have a personal responsibility to follow safety guidelines established by tour staff and you will ask for clarification if you do not understand what is expected of you.
- JURISDICTION – Himalayan Heroes is a registered business in Australia. Any dispute that may arise between you and Himalayan Heroes will be dealt with under the jurisdiction of Western Australian law. Any costs incurred by Himalayan Heroes (including lawyer and procurator fees) whilst reclaiming monies owed by you from this contract, will be payable by you.
- LEAVING A TOUR MID WAY – You are aware that if you choose not to continue with the tour for any reason, you can discuss this with the Himalayan Heroes personnel and that any decision made will be made at their discretion. You can expect Himalayan Heroes personnel to value your choice and encourage responsible decision-making. You understand that while every effort will be made by Himalayan Heroes personnel to allow you to exit the tour, your choice cannot disadvantage or put other participants at risk.
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS – Airport transfers by a Himalayan Heroes representative will only be done on the first and last days of the tour unless otherwise arranged. If you arrive before the tour start date or leave after the tour finish date then you are responsible to arrange your own transfer to and from the airport.
- BALANCE PAYABLE – A deposit will be collected at the time of booking with the balance to be paid 90 days before the tour start date. If the balance has not been received upon the start of the tour, you will not be allowed to continue with the tour and will forfeit your deposit.
- DAMAGE – Himalayan Heroes requires a US$300 a security deposit before you get on your motorcycle. This is payable in cash upon arrival only. Any damage to the bikes such as bent levers, pegs, handle bars, broken mirrors etc caused while you are in charge of the bike must be paid for. Himalayan Heroes reserves the right to appraise ALL damages and repair costs and bill you accordingly. The security deposit is waived if you take up the optional damage cap cover.
- MOTORCYCLES – Himalayan Heroes provides motorcycles and a support crew including mechanics as part of the tour package. You should only ride the motorcycle each day if you feel comfortable to do so and that the motorcycle is in good working condition to a standard that you are used to. At the end of each day, it is your responsibility to ask the support crew to make any adjustments to the motorcycle that you want. By riding the bike each day, you accept that the motorcycle is in a condition that you are comfortable with. If you are not comfortable with the motorcycle at any time, you must stop riding and ask for a replacement motorcycle. If you do not feel comfortable with the replacement motorcycle offered, you will be offered a seat in the support vehicle until which time Himalayan Heroes can provide you with a motorcycle you are comfortable with. Should you cause the motorbike to be retained or embargoed, all costs will be payable by you, including any losses to Himalayan Heroes whilst the motorbike is immobilised. All fines, judicial costs, etc., derived from any form of traffic infraction or other, which are against the motorbike, Himalayan Heroes or you, and caused by or deemed to be caused by you during your tour, will be payable by you.
- TIPS – It is customary (although not compulsory) that you tip the Himalayan Heroes support crew US$100. This is collected by a representative of your riding group and handed over to the senior mechanic at the end of the adventure. The senior mechanic will distribute evenly between the support crew. It generally equates to a tip of less than US$2 per day, per crew member.
- LAWS – You will comply strictly with the laws and customs of all countries visited, whether in respect of health, immigration, exchange control, drugs, or any other matter. You are not allowed to take intoxicating substances (alcohol, cannabis etc) and proceed to ride the motorcycle. Riding while under the influence will void your travel insurance and is illegal.
- UNFORESEEN EVENTS – Our tours are planned several months in advance to avoid adverse climate conditions and/or any political tensions including border disputes. Changes will be made during the tour if your safety is at risk. As your safety is important and takes priority, if any unforeseeable situations arise beyond our control (i.e. landslides, snow fall, earthquake, glacier movement, road works, civil unrest etc), we will make appropriate changes en-route and detour to continue with the adventure. In the unlikely event that this may happen, it will form part of the tour and may incur additional costs that each adventurer will need to cover at their own expense.
- VISA – You are responsible for obtaining the correct Visa. Please be aware that there are multiple visa types and that if you apply for the wrong one, then neither the issuing office or Himalayan Heroes will reimburse you. There are multiple places on our website that will direct you to the correct visa application page and provide correct information. Of course, you can always contact us via phone or email if you need assistance. (eVisa’s are generally NOT accepted)
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – It is your responsibility to obtain a suitable travel insurance policy covering your personal health, repatriation, medical emergencies, personal belongings and it must cover you whilst riding motorcycles (and have no engine capacity limits that would mean your policy is void. eg. 250cc limit) as a means of transport. It must also provide cover for the country and region you will be travelling in. Travel Insurance is a financial product and thus, Himalayan Heroes is not licensed to provide recommendations or advice regarding which policy is suitable for you. Any Travel Insurance companies mentioned on the Himalayan Heroes website or in any communication including email and phone conversations with Himalayan Heroes officers can not be considered as a recommendation. In the event you purchase a travel insurance policy that is not suitable for you, you are responsible for any and all expenses you incur, be they known or unknown. You agree to release Himalayan Heroes, its officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives from all liability and or loss sustained by you as a result of purchasing a travel insurance policy that was/is not appropriate.
- PREPARATION – Bring copies of your passport, travel insurance, visa and International Drivers Permit with you. If you lose your original documents, you can at least present a copy to your embassy or consulate while abroad and have replacement or temporary travel documents issued. You could also email these docs to yourself so you have them on your phone and Himalayan Heroes keeps a copy of these documents on file.
- EMERGENCIES – Check your insurance policy covers such needs as hospitalisation or repatriation. Sometimes we ride in remote areas and there will be no mobile signal, no satellite phones, no helicopter recovery service and ambulances may not be available. You understand that in the event of a medical emergency that Himalayan Heroes reserves the right to act on your behalf and seek the appropriate care. That might include but is not limited to, transporting you to the nearest hospital, evacuation, organise domestic flights, notifying next of kin. The next of kin will be asked to send emergency funds to cover your medical expenses. In the event that Himalayan Heroes, one of it’s representatives or another rider incurs any expenses on your behalf, you are personally liable to reimburse them before the end date of the tour or as otherwise agreed.
- HEALTH & FITNESS – You are satisfied that you are sufficiently fit to participate in this tour and agree to notify the tour staff of any changes to your health and fitness, which may occur before and/or during the tour. Should you become ill or injured, you give your consent to the tour staff to provide or arrange for provision of medical treatment and/or rescue services (including repatriation) as they see fit. You agree to pay for any such treatment or medical advice/service irrespective if it is covered by your travel insurance policy or not. In the event that Himalayan Heroes or one of it’s representatives incurs any medical expenses on your behalf, you are personally liable to reimburse them before the end date of the tour or as otherwise agreed.
- MODEL RELEASE – We’re going to take pictures and video of your adventure. Sometimes you’ll be in those pictures and videos. You give us the right to publish them anywhere including magazines, electronically, documentaries, social media etc and you aren’t due compensation for appearing in such footage. If you don’t want pictures or video footage of yourself published then you need to notify us before your trip.
- CULTURE – You will have your own personal views on race, religion and culture but you are visitor in an amazing country and we expect you to treat the support crew, staff, waiters, porters and the local people with the same respect that you wish to be treated with. You are about to undertake an amazing experience with fellow Himalayan Heroes and that this trip may change your view on life.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Cancellations must be received in writing and emailed to email@example.com
- If the cancellation is received
- more than ninety (90) days prior to tour start date, your deposit will be refunded minus US$50.
- between ninety (90) and sixty one (61) days before the tour start date, 70% of your deposit will be refunded. If you have paid the balance, 50% of the balance paid is refundable with the remaining 50% to be used as credit to a future trip.
- less than sixty (60) days before the tour start date then the deposit is not refundable. If you have paid the balance, 50% of the balance paid is refundable with the remaining 50% to be used as credit to a future trip.
- Less than (30) days before the tour start date then the full amount of the tour is not refundable.
- For extenuating circumstances that occur outside of human control and can’t be predicted or prevented such as extraordinary events like but not limited to, earthquake, flood, war, pandemic, travel bans etc, the full value of your deposit will be credited to a future trip to be booked within 12 months of the start date of the initial booked trip. No refund will be granted in these circumstances, however…
- No change fees will be charged.
- The deposit can be transferred to a different trip.
- There will be no refund if a person/s leaves the adventure en-route for ANY reason. This includes, but is not limited to, such things as…
- Leaving the tour by choice
- Being asked to leave the tour by Himalayan Heroes for any reason
- A medical emergency that sees you unable to continue
- A situation in your home country that warrants an immediate return
- The government orders foreign nationals out of the country
- Deposits are transferable so you are free to find a replacement for your place in the tour and have them pay you the deposit that you paid to Himalayan Heroes.
- All approved refunds will only be paid back into the account we received them from. i.e. If a payment was received from a PayPal account, then the refund will only be paid back into the same PayPal account.
- In consideration of and as part of the payment for the right to participate in the tour arranged for you by Himalayan Heroes, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN WELFARE AND ASSUME ALL OF THE ABOVE RISKS, INCLUDING BOTH THOSE KNOWN AND UNKNOWN TO ME.
- You waive any and all claims you may now and in the future have against and release from all liability and agree not to sue Himalayan Heroes, its officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in my motorcycle adventure with Himalayan Heroes.
Modifications to Terms & Conditions
Himalayan Heroes reserves the right to update and change the Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice. You understand that you will be required to sign a Undertakings and Acknowledgements Agreement upon your arrival in the country of your tour before you can participate in a Himalayan Heroes adventure. If you would like a copy of the agreement before your arrival, please contact us beforehand.